Jambalaya. The BEST Jambalaya Recipe — made with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, veggies, rice and the most delicious zesty Cajun seasoning. It was a beautiful spring day, so we set out to cover some Hank Williams on the railroad tracks! Thanks to our Cidizens on Patreon who made this video.
It's spicy, hearty, and incredibly flavorful. We break these ingredients down below, so you can have the BEST Jambalaya on this side of the. This is an excellent Jambalaya recipe. Cooking Jambalaya is a fun thing, in addition it ends up being extra unique worth if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the adhering to 10 ingredients, you can start cooking 7 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients of Jambalaya
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breast, bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1 lb of Andouille sausage, 1/4 inch slices.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of celery, diced.
- It’s 2-3 of peppers, 1 inch pieces.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth or water or both mixed.
- Prepare 1 of can(14.5oz) diced tomatoes or 1 cup of quartered plum tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked rice.
I followed it to a tee, except a I added more spice than I should have. I like spicy foods, but I am a bit nervous to serve it tomorrow to my guests. According to the dictionary, jambalaya is "rice cooked usually with ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp, or oysters Everyone will agree, however, that this jambalaya recipe, which is ready in just an hour, is. Jambalaya (pronounced /ˌdʒʌmbəˈlaɪə/ or <jum-buh-LIE-uh>) is a casserole-style dish of Spanish and French influence originating in Louisiana.
Jambalaya how to cook
- In a large pot coated with olive oil over medium heat, cook the chicken and sausage for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pot..
- Add the onions, peppers and celery to the pot. Cook until the onions are slightly translucent. Around 5 minutes. Stir in the seasonings..
- Put the chicken and sausages back into the pot. Cook together for around 5 minutes..
- Pour in the broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil..
- Once boiling, add the rice. Stir, place the lid on the pot, reduce heat to low, and cook for 30 to 35 minutes..
- At the end, stir together..
Jambalaya is traditionally a one pot dish, with a variety of meats and seafood, vegetables, and spicy seasonings. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort! It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and Creole seasonings. While there are countless variations, a standard jambalaya contains rice, protein, seasoning vegetables and spices. This yummy jambalaya recipe is a fabulous taste of New Orleans.