Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread. A mouth watering Grilled chicken shawarma with Lebanese style pita bread recipe for you. Make it and satisfy your cravings. #HappyCookingToYou Written. Middle Eastern chicken shawarma is a delicious pita sandwich recipe made with thinly sliced seasoned chicken, veggies, and sauce wrapped in a pita bread.
This Chicken Shawarma recipe is going to knock your socks off! Just a handful of every day spices makes an incredible Chicken Shawarma marinade that infuses the Thought I usually do serve pita bread or another type of flatbread as well, just because it's very on theme. ☺️ Here, the Chicken. We all know I have a deep love affair with Mediterranean food and this Chicken Shawarma Stuffed Pita situation is making me want to hop on a flight and jet off for a vacay! Cooking Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread is a fun thing, furthermore it becomes a lot more unique worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the following 31 components, you can begin cooking 13 actions. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking quickly.
Ingredients Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread
- Require for For Shawarma.
- Need 300-350 g boneless (thigh or breast) chicken sliced.
- You need – For Marination.
- Give 1/2 cup for yoghurt.
- It’s 2 teaspoon – vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- It’s 1 Garlic clove crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon – pepper.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon – red paprika (adjust).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Give 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Provide 1/8 teaspoon – ground cloves.
- It’s For Shawarma sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup for Tahini (homemade or store-bought).
- Need 1 of garlic cloves crushed.
- You need 1 tablespoons yoghurt.
- It’s 2 teaspoon for lemon juice.
- Provide of For Pita Bread.
- Require 1 cup for warm water.
- Need 2 teaspoon – instant yeast.
- It’s 3 cups for all purpose flour.
- Provide 2 teaspoon for salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon for olive oil.
- Provide of For Assembling Shawarma in Pita Bread.
- You need 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- Require 1 – cucumber sliced.
- Need 1/4 cups chopped parsley.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 of de seeded tomatoes thinly sliced.
- Give as required – Lettuce leaves (optional).
- Require as needed of Pickles (optional).
Grilled chicken shawarma with homemade grilled pita bread √. Note: Although making your own pita bread is easy, and fun to do with the kids, if time is of the essence, store-bought will work fine. We're combining her pillowy pitas with my favorite chicken shawarma with roasty, toasty onions and spices from the NYT. Bread flour has a higher gluten content than all-purpose flour.
Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread making
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients mentioned under Marination section. Add sliced chicken and coat well.Cover and Refrigerate for 12-14 hours.
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken with Marination over medium heat until done. Do not overcook.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, mix tahini, crushed garlic, lemon juice and yoghurt. Set this aside.
- For Pita Bread.
- In a bowl, add flour. Make 2 wells, add yeast and salt in each. Gently mix.
- Add warm water and oil. Knead for 8-10 minutes into smooth dough. Coat dough with little olive oil.Cover and rest for 2 hours.
- Gently deflate the dough and turn it over lightly dusted flour surface.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll each portion into roti.
- Heat tawa, cook on both sides. Pita bread will puff up nicely.
- To Assemble.
- In a large bowl, add onions, tomatoes and cucumbers. Sprinkle lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add parsley and pickles. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place enough chicken on pita bread so that it covers 1/4 of pita bread. Add the veggies and pour some prepared tahini sauce over it. Roll the bread and Shawarma in Pita Bread is ready.
- Serve warm with Falafel/Salad or Hummus.
It makes for a more sturdy dough. Now… could you make these pita with all-purpose flour? Serve in pita breads or on a salad. Serve chicken in pita bread along with shawarma sauce and veggies or on a salad. Pita bread recipe – arabic bread,syrian bread recipe-shawarma bread.