Dal Tadka With Jeera Rice.
Food preparation Dal Tadka With Jeera Rice is a fun point, moreover it comes to be more unique value if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the following 25 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 8 steps. observe the complying with area for you to start cooking instantly.
Composition for Dal Tadka With Jeera Rice
- You need For – Dal Tadka:-.
- Give 1/2 Toor Dal(split pigeon pea lentils).
- Need 1 of Onion(Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 1 Tomato (Finely Chopped).
- Require 1 inch Ginger (Grated).
- Give 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Need 1 tsp of Cumin Coriander Powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- Need 1 tsp Garam Masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp for Green Coriander.
- You need to taste – Salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp Oil.
- You need For Tempering in Dal Tadka:-.
- Provide 2 tbsp Ghee.
- Provide 6-7 – Garlic Cloves(Finely Chopped).
- Require 1/8 tsp Asafoetida.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Need 2 for Red Chillies.
- Require 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s For – jeera Rice:.
- Give 2 tbsp for Ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup – Basmati Rice.
- Give To taste – Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup – Green Coriander(Finely Chopped).
Dal Tadka With Jeera Rice making
- Wash and soak the Toor dal for 30 mins. After 30 mins, in the pressure cooker add toor dal and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, water and pressure cook it for 4 whistles on low flame. Water requirements may vary based on the type of toor dal..
- In a non-stick add oil and heat the pan about 2-3 mins. once the pan is heated then add ginger and green chilli paste. Saute it for 2-3 mins and add onion. Cook it until onion become soft and slighly golden in colour. After that add tomatoes and cook it until tomatoes become soft and mushy..
- Now add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder,garam masala,cumin-coriander powder,salt to taste and saute it for 2 mins. Now add boiled toor dal and 1/2 cup of water and cook it until dal becomes thick..
- Now for tempering, in a shallow pan add ghee, once the ghee is hot add the cumin seeds, garlic and roast until the garlic turns golden brown in colour. Once the garlic has turned brown add the red chilli powder and turn off the heat..
- Pour the tadka over the dal. Here is your dal tadka ready..
- For the jeera rice, soak the basmati rice for 30 mins and drain in. Now in a deep pan add the water for boiling, once the water starts boiling add basmati rice and cook it until it becomes a little soft. Once the rice has been cooked, drain the extra water from it..
- Now in a pan, add ghee and add cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds crackle and add cooked rice, salt to taste and green coriander. Give it a good mix. Jeera rice is ready..
- Serve it with dal tadka..