Cooking Brent's Jambalaya is an enjoyable thing, moreover it ends up being a lot more special worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the following 14 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 11 actions. observe the adhering to area for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Brent's Jambalaya
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of Andouille sausage (or smoked sausage) cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- You need 1/2 lb of Tasso (or ham) diced.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 1 of stalk celery.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, cored.
- It’s 2 of garlic clove peeled.
- It’s 1 of tomato, cored.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s of Louisiana hot sauce.
Brent's Jambalaya step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- Mix tomato, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic and in a blender or food processor (I have found it easiest to put the tomato in first and add one ingredient at a time)..
- Using a large, heavy, ovenproof pan (that has a lid), cook the sausage in the olive oil until almost done..
- Drain off most of the fat and oil..
- Add the ham and chicken, and cook until chicken is just cooked through..
- Add the blended vegetables and sauté until vegetables start to cook down (about 10 minutes)..
- Add thyme, chili powder and chicken stock and simmer for 10 more minutes..
- Stir in the rice and hot sauce..
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes..
- Stir, then cover and bake an additional 20 minutes..
- Serve with a green salad and hot French bread..