Cornbread with polenta. Put Polenta Cornbread in the rotation! It's especially great for those nights when you're having chili or want something sweet to go with your morning coffee. The Best Polenta Cornbread Recipes on Yummly
In a bowl, mix flour, polenta, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Polenta is a golden-yellow Italian cornmeal made from dried, ground maize (corn), and also the name given to the savoury cornmeal porridge that's made by mixing cornmeal with water and simmering and. A savoury cornbread recipe with loads of feta in it. Cooking Cornbread with polenta is a fun thing, furthermore it becomes a lot more unique value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 7 components, you can start cooking 6 steps. observe the following section for you to begin cooking right away.
Ingredients of Cornbread with polenta
- You need 120 g of polenta.
- It’s 55 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 150 g of white cow's milk cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Water.
Perfect to cut up and serve with antipasto, or even on it's own. Serve when friends come over for. Well cornbread mix is mostly cornmeal, so it might work okay. Cornbread mix has leavening in it (baking powder) so your polenta is going to -rise-, it will be a little spongy.
Cornbread with polenta how to cook
- Preheat over to 200°C. Mix polenta, flour, baking soda and salt..
- Crumble the cheese with a fork and add to the mixture. You don't have to crumble it to very small pieces, it tastes better if there are bigger pieces of cheese in the mixture..
- Beat an egg and add it to the mixture. Mix everything and start adding water. I never measure water, I just add it untill the mixture is the right consistency. It shouldn't be thick but also not too runny, somewhere in between is the perfect consistency..
- Pour the mix onto the baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake until you see the lovely yellowish-golden color. You can also check if the cornbread is ready by piercing it with a knife, if the knife comes out clean it means it's ready.
- After you take it out from the oven cover it with a kitchen towel and let it cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!❤️.
- P.S. I baked it in a small round baking pan and it made 4 portions. I added regular homemade cow's milk cheese, but you can add feta cheese. If you add feta, make sure that you add less salt because feta is quite salty. Also, you will probably need about 100g of feta because it's stronger than the regular cheese ?.
Should I pre-cook it or use more liquid ingredients in the recipe? I love polenta, grits, cornbread, anything corn. The measurements were spot on and loved the thyme with the corn. My one addition was to add fresh sage also, fresh from my own garden. Cornbread is any quick bread containing cornmeal, and a Native American cuisine.