Dal Dhokli. Dal Dhokli is an all-time favourite dish made in Maharashtra and Gujarat, in which strips of wheat flour dough are cooked in a tongue-tickling dal. The traditional Gujarati dal dhokli recipe is quite lengthy. In this dal dhokli recipe, dal is exact same as Gujarati khatti meethi dal.
Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish. This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. Dal dhokli has a mild sweet and spicy flavor. Food preparation Dal Dhokli is a fun thing, additionally it ends up being a lot more unique value if you cook it yourself. By using the following 26 active ingredients, you can start cooking 7 steps. observe the following area for you to begin cooking instantly.
Ingredients requirements of Dal Dhokli
- Provide For – dal:.
- Need 1/2 cup of toor dal.
- Need 1 tbsp ghee.
- Give 1 tbsp for oil.
- Need 1 tsp for mustard seeds.
- Need 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Need Pinch – asafoetida.
- Give 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp – turmeric powder.
- Need 5-6 of kokum.
- Prepare 1/4 cup – jaggery.
- Need 3 tbsp of peanuts.
- It’s 10-12 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 – green chillies.
- Provide 1 for small piece ginger.
- Need 3 – cloves.
- You need 2 of small piece cinnamon.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Provide For Dhokli dough:.
- Give 2 cups – wheat flour.
- Need 1/2 tsp for turmeric powder.
- Require 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Provide to taste – Salt.
- It’s Handful for Coriander for garnish.
- Prepare As required of Ghee for serving.
Dal Dhokli is a spicy, satisfying, and sumptuous one pot meal made by boiling lightly spiced wheat flour dumplings in a lentil base. Then for a final touch a spicy tempering is added to this cooked dal dhokli. How to make Dal Dhokli-Strips of whole wheat flour or dhokli cooked in a sweet, tangy spiced dal. This shortcut dal dhokli takes minutes to make!
Dal Dhokli step by step
- Wash and pressure cook toor dal. Wash and soak kokum in half cup water. Knead medium dough from dhokli dough ingredients. Once pressure releases, take out the dal from pressure cooker and blend it..
- Add water in the blended dal. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, jaggery, soaked kokum with water and bring it to boil. Add peanuts along with curry leaves, green chillies and ginger. After few minutes of boiling, temper the dal. For temper, heat ghee and oil together and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, asafoetida and chilli powder. Add this tempering to the dal. Let the dal simmer on a low flame..
- While the dal is boiling and simmering. Roll thin roti from dough and cut it into diamond shapes..
- Add this dhoklis in boiling dal, one by one, keep stirring in between so that dhoklis do not stick..
- Now again turn the heat to slow, cover the vessel, and let it cook. Stir occasionally..
- When dhokli is cooked properly and flavours of kokum and all the spices are infused well, then turn off the heat..
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot. Add ghee in generous quantity before serving..
This dal dhokli is actually fantastic and approximately a billion times easier to make than the one you grew up eating. Dal Dhokli is a vegetarian one pot meal option, apt for a "no onion no garlic" diet, can easily be made oil free and a staple for the ones who follow JAIN diet. It is an appropriate meal option for Jain tithis. Rajasthani dal dhokli is made with green moong dal and urad dal. Also in Rajasthan this is not made sweet.