Dimer Dalna (Bengali Style Egg Curry).
Food preparation Dimer Dalna (Bengali Style Egg Curry) is a fun point, in addition it ends up being more special worth if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 23 ingredients, you can start cooking 8 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to begin cooking right away.
Composition of Dimer Dalna (Bengali Style Egg Curry)
- Prepare 2-3 for eggs, hard boiled & halved.
- It’s 1 – potato, sliced.
- Require 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp. garlic, chopped.
- Require 1 tbsp. for ginger. chopped.
- Need 1 for tomato, pureed.
- It’s 1 tsp. for tomato paste.
- Need 1/2 tsp. sugar.
- Give 2-3 tbsp. mustard oil.
- Give 1-2 – bay leaves.
- Require 1 – " cinnamon stick.
- Require 2 – green cardamoms.
- Require 4 – cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp. cumin seeds.
- Provide to taste salt.
- Require 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. for red chili powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp. coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp. for cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp. – garam masala powder.
- Require 2 of green chilies, slit.
- Give 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Give of coriander leaves to garnish.
Dimer Dalna (Bengali Style Egg Curry) process
- Marinate the potato slices and the boiled eggs with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 5 minutes. Heat 2 tbsp. oil and fry the marinated egg slices and the potatoes separately till light brown on both sides. Keep aside. Grind the onion, ginger and garlic to a smooth paste and keep aside..
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan & temper with the bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Now add the onion paste and saute till light brown..
- Add the tomato puree, tomato paste and all the dry spices (except garam masala powder and salt). Fry till the moisture evaporates..
- Add 2 cups water, salt and green chilies. Bring it to a boil..
- Drop in the potatoes. Cover and simmer on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked and the gravy slightly thickens..
- When done, add the boiled eggs and cook, covered for a minute or two. To finish off, add the ghee and garam masala..
- Mix well and serve, garnished with coriander leaves..