Chicken Fried Steak. Chicken fried steak, also known as country-fried steak, is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of beefsteak (most often tenderized cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried. For the steak: Begin with setting up an assembly line of dishes. Chicken-fried steak, if you are unfamiliar with the dish, is a Southern favorite—tenderized beef Chicken fried steak is made most often with cube steak, or steak that has already been tenderized.
THE BEST Chicken Fried Steak Recipe! (Plus How To Video!) Chicken Fried Steak. The ultimate in southern comfort food! It's a definite classic and a favorite in our home. Food preparation Chicken Fried Steak is a fun point, furthermore it becomes more special value if you prepare it on your own. By using the complying with 14 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 8 actions. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking right away.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Steak
- Prepare 2 lbs of Cube Steak.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter for frying.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shortening for frying.
- It’s 1 Cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/3 Cup of whole milk.
- It’s of For Gravy:.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of flour.
- You need 4 Cups of Milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
It's one of those meals that I don't make all the time, so it's. In addition to Chicken Fried Steak I also love making these Chicken Fried Steak Fingers. I like to cook Chicken Fried Steak in my cast iron pan. It retains heat so well and makes cooking this classic.
Chicken Fried Steak how to cook
- Start with 2 lbs cube steak..
- Whip Milk and eggs together in one bowl..
- Mix flour and seasonings in a second bowl..
- Dip each piece of steak in the flour first, then the milk mixture, and then in the flour again..
- Place each piece of steak on a plate after breading..
- Fry steak in hot oil and butter (medium high heat) approximately 2 minutes on each side..
- Remove steak from skillet after browning and keep warm while you make the gravy..
- After removing last steak from skillet, add 1/2 cup flour to leftover grease and stir until smooth and browned. (Medium high heat) Slowly add milk. I use a wire whip or pancake turner to make sure there are no lumps. Bring to a boil and continue to stir. When gravy is thickened, turn burner on low. Taste first and then season to your liking with salt and pepper..
It's Chicken Fried Steak, is what it is. As a child, my grandmother taught me how to make this chicken fried steak. I taught my daughters, and when my granddaughters are bigger, I'll show them, too. Chicken Fried Steak is a traditional Southern dinner, but I've taken this classic dish, and cooked it in my Air Fryer! I love having a comforting meal without all the extra calories from the deep fryer, and.