Dal dhokli. Dal Dhokli is an all-time favourite dish made in Maharashtra and Gujarat, in which strips of wheat flour dough are cooked in a tongue-tickling dal. The traditional Gujarati dal dhokli recipe is quite lengthy. In this dal dhokli recipe, dal is exact same as Gujarati khatti meethi dal.
Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish. This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. Dal dhokli has a mild sweet and spicy flavor. Food preparation Dal dhokli is a fun point, furthermore it ends up being extra unique value if you prepare it yourself. By using the following 32 components, you can begin cooking 10 steps. observe the complying with area for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients – Dal dhokli
- It’s For dal.
- Require 1/2 cup of toor(arhar)dal.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1/8 tsp for fenugreek seeds.
- Require 1/8 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/8 tsp – cummin seeds.
- Provide 2 sticks of cinnamon.
- Provide 3-4 – cloves.
- Require leaves of Few curry.
- Provide 3-4 of green chillies pieces.
- Give 1/2 TSP ginger grated.
- Give 1/8 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp dhania-jeera powder.
- You need 1/2 of lemon (juice) or 3- kokum+ 1/2 lemon.
- Require 2 tbsp for jaggery.
- It’s to taste Salt.
- Prepare of For dhoklis & masala puris.
- You need 3/4 cup wheat flour.
- Require 1/2 tsp – turmeric powder.
- Give 1/2 tsp – red chilli powder.
- Need 1 pinch – asafoetida.
- Need 2 tbsp – oil.
- Prepare to taste Salt.
- Prepare of For garnish:.
- Need 2 tsp of ghee.
- Need 1 – chopped medium onion.
- You need 1 of chopped medium tomato.
- You need 1/4 for lemon (juice).
- It’s Chopped fresh coriander leaves as required.
- Provide – Besan sev as required.
How to make Dal Dhokli-Strips of whole wheat flour or dhokli cooked in a sweet, tangy spiced dal. Dal Dhokli is a spicy, satisfying, and sumptuous one pot meal made by boiling lightly spiced wheat flour dumplings in a lentil base. Then for a final touch a spicy tempering is added to this cooked dal dhokli. This shortcut dal dhokli takes minutes to make!
Dal dhokli steps
- Wash toor(arhar) dal and pressure cook for 4 whistles…as the dal being cook.. prepared dhoklis dough.. combined all ingredients in a mixing bowl and bind with water to firm dough…keep aside for 10- 15 mins..
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions..From four portions…roll out into thin rotis..about 7-8" diameter.Heat non stick tawa..roast prepared rotis lightly on both sides on slow flame..
- Cool and cut each rotis into square shaped and keep aside..
- Blend the cooked dal with boss hand blender… Keep ready all ingredients… needed for making dal..
- In non stick pan add & heat ghee..as it melt add fenugreek seeds,mustard seeds,cummin seeds, curry leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves, chopped green chillies and grated ginger, turmeric powder, asafoetida..mix well and saute for 1 min..
- Add dal and 21/2 cup of water,jaggery,red chilli powder,dhania- jeera powder,salt,1/2 lemon juice/ or kokum..mix well..boil and simmer for 5 mins… stirring occasionally.. keep aside..
- Just before serving again heat dal,add dhoklis pieces few at a time..mix gently..simmer for 5 mins..add water if dal thickens.. while simmering..
- As the dal dhokli being cook(simmering)..on another gas heat oil for frying puris.. roll out few puris from remains dhokli dough..fry in hot oil..
- Pour half prepared hot dal dhokli…(for one serving)…in deep dish garnish with a tsp of ghee, squeeze little bit lemon juice,few chopped onion and tomato pieces.. sprinkle chopped fresh coriander leaves and besan sev.Serve/ relish hot dal dhokli immediately with hot masala puris..
- One serving of Dal dhoklis..350 calories.2 masala puris..70 calories..
This dal dhokli is actually fantastic and approximately a billion times easier to make than the one you grew up eating. Rajasthani dal dhokli is made with green moong dal and urad dal. Also in Rajasthan this is not made sweet. In Marwari homes mostly this dish is prepared without onions and tomatoes. Dal Dhokli is a vegetarian one pot meal option, apt for a "no onion no garlic" diet, can easily be made oil free and a staple for the ones who follow JAIN diet.