Dal dhokli. Dal Dhokli is an all-time favourite dish made in Maharashtra and Gujarat, in which strips of wheat flour dough are cooked in a tongue-tickling dal. The traditional Gujarati dal dhokli recipe is quite lengthy. In this dal dhokli recipe, dal is exact same as Gujarati khatti meethi dal.
Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish. This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. Dal dhokli has a mild sweet and spicy flavor. Cooking Dal dhokli is a fun point, moreover it becomes extra special worth if you prepare it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 23 active ingredients, you can start cooking 26 steps. observe the complying with area for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients for Dal dhokli
- Give of For The Dhoklis.
- It’s 1 cup for whole wheat flour.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Require 1/2 tsp chilli powder.
- Give 1/2 tsp – turmeric powder.
- Need 1/8 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 tbsp for oil.
- It’s – whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Prepare For The Dal.
- You need 1 cup toovar dal.
- Need to taste salt.
- You need 2 tsp for lemon juice.
- Provide 2-3 of finely chopped green chilli.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 3-4 stick for curry leaves.
- Require 1/2 tsp for turmeric powder.
- Give 2 tsp – ghee.
- It’s 1 tsp for oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp asafoetida.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 – no. Finely chopped onions.
- Give 2 of no. Finely chopped tomatoes.
- It’s Chopped coriander and onion for garnish.
How to make Dal Dhokli-Strips of whole wheat flour or dhokli cooked in a sweet, tangy spiced dal. Dal Dhokli is a spicy, satisfying, and sumptuous one pot meal made by boiling lightly spiced wheat flour dumplings in a lentil base. Then for a final touch a spicy tempering is added to this cooked dal dhokli. This shortcut dal dhokli takes minutes to make!
Dal dhokli steps
- For the dhoklis.
- Combine all the dhokli ingredients in a deep bowl and knead semi-stiff dough using enough water..
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for atleast 15 minutes..
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling..
- Cut each chapati into diamond or square shapes and keep aside..
- In a big vessel boil 5-6 glasses of water when water comes to boil add pieces of chapati or rolled dough..
- Cook on medium flame for around 15-20 min. Stir occasionally..
- After 15-20 min. Take out Dhoklis from water in a plate and keep aside..
- For the dal.
- Clean, wash and drain the dal..
- Combine the dal and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles or until dal become soft..
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid..
- After opening lid blend dal properly using hand blander or madhani till smooth..
- Add more 2 cups of hot water and mix very well..
- For tadka place pan on the flame, heat ghee and oil add mustard seed, asafoetida and cook for 1-2 second..
- Now add finely chopped green chilli and curry leaves and cook for around 30 sec..
- Add finely chopped onions and cook until onion become golden brown..
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook until become soft..
- Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder chilli powder and mix it well and cook for 4-5 min. On low flame, while stirirng occasionally..
- Meanwhile, for the tempering, heat the ghee and oil in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and allow them to crackle..
- Add this tempering to the dal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for around 10 minutes, while stirirng occasionally..
- Add dhoklis add mix it well. And cook for 10 -15 min. Add garam masala mix and cook for 2-3 min..
- Add lemon juice, mix it well..
- Switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chopped onion..
- Serve hot..
This dal dhokli is actually fantastic and approximately a billion times easier to make than the one you grew up eating. Rajasthani dal dhokli is made with green moong dal and urad dal. Also in Rajasthan this is not made sweet. In Marwari homes mostly this dish is prepared without onions and tomatoes. Dal Dhokli is a vegetarian one pot meal option, apt for a "no onion no garlic" diet, can easily be made oil free and a staple for the ones who follow JAIN diet.