Sausage and Bean Stew. Here's a meaty, cold-weather stew laden with white beans, sweet Italian sausage, rosemary, thyme, cumin and garlic. It is deeply flavored and complex, but quite easy to make. Pan-fry the sausages in a bit of olive oil, then sauté the vegetables with cumin and tomato paste in the drippings.
This hearty One-Pot Bean and Sausage Stew is based on the iconic white bean stews served in France and Spain. Unfortunately, the classic sausage and bean stew recipe is less than healthy. Most feature fatty pork sausage, gobs of butter, and a hearty bone broth. Cooking Sausage and Bean Stew is a fun point, in addition it becomes extra unique value if you cook it yourself. By using the adhering to 6 components, you can start cooking 5 steps. observe the following area for you to start cooking quickly.
Composition of Sausage and Bean Stew
- Prepare 125 g – chicken sausages or other low fat / 4½ oz ..
- It’s 100 g of chick peas / 3½ oz ..
- Provide 200 g tomato canned diced / 7 oz ..
- Provide 80 g of onion (sliced) / 3 oz ..
- Require 80 g for broccoli frozen / 3 oz ..
- Prepare 100 ml of chicken stock water cube (½) dissolved in boiling / 3½ fl . oz ..
The sausage, canned beans, canned tomato, and chicken broth all already have salt in them. BUT I still really enjoyed this recipe I used fresh tomato to give it a fresher taste and also added a like spice. Liked convenience of cooking in crock pot but too salty and too much garlic for my taste. I thickened the stew as recommended but also added a mashed potato to absorb some of the salt and cooked a couple servings in a pot to reduce and thicken the broth.
Sausage and Bean Stew how to cook
- Cook the sausages on the broiler / grill or fry them in Spray2Cook until cooked through..
- Put the chicken stock in a saucepan on high heat and add the beans, tomato, and broccoli..
- Peel and slice the onion and microwave for 3 minutes before adding to the pan and turn down to simmer..
- When the sausages are cooked chop into bite-size pieces and add to the pan..
- Simmer until the broccoli is cooked to your taste then everything else should be good to go. Serve in a pasta dish..
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. Keep the winter chill out with this warming one-pot dish. The sausages go well with the tender beans and rich tomato sauce to make a hearty family meal. This Herbed White Bean and Sausage Stew is a great way to feed your family an easy, healthy, economical & delicious one pot meal. Slow cooked chicken and beans in this Chicken, Sausage, and White Bean Stew make for a protein-packed winter-ready meal.