Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies.
Food preparation Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies is an enjoyable point, furthermore it ends up being more unique worth if you prepare it on your own. By using the following 6 active ingredients, you can start cooking 8 steps. observe the adhering to area for you to begin cooking promptly.
Composition for Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies
- Prepare 1/2 cup unsalted butter diced and chilled.
- You need 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Require 2-4 tablespoon for ice water.
- Provide 1 cup – mixed berry compote.
- You need 1/2 cup Nutella.
Mini Heart Shaped Berry Pies steps
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the cubed butter on top.Combine the butter into the dry ingredients until all flour is coated. You’re looking for pea-sized bits of flour coated butter..
- Drizzle the ice cold water in, 2 tbsp at a time, and stir after each addition. Stop adding water when the dough comes together easily and begins to form large clumps. The dough will feel moist and a little sticky, but not feel overly wet. Do not add any more water than you need to..
- Place pie dough on a lightly floured work surface. Using floured hands, fold the dough into itself until the flour is fully incorporated into the fats. Form it into a thick disc..
- Wrap each disc tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 5 days before using in a pie recipe..
- When rolling out the chilled pie dough discs, use gentle force with your rolling pin. Start from the center of the disc and work your way out in all directions, turning the dough with your hands between rolls. Smooth out the edges if you notice cracks. Keeping your work surface, rolling pin, and hands lightly floured makes rolling out easier..
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the pie crust.Place half the hearts on a baking tray. Set the other half aside. Add a layer of Nutella and generous spoonful of berry compote to the middle of each heart..
- Using your finger (or a small brush), spread the water on the heart so that it completely covers all of the exposed crust around the filling.Place another heart over top of the filling and gently press down with your fingers to line it up and start sealing it.Press down around the edges with a fork to seal it all in..
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 30 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite icecream..