Dal Dhokli/ Varan Chikhlya/ Varanatil Fal. Learn how to cook very popular maharastrian recipe known as varan fal/chakolya, made with sweet and sour daal, with wheat dumpling. Dal dhokli is a Sunday morning delight in most traditional Gujarati households! A perfect combination of spiced whole wheat flour dhoklis simmered in Gujarati Dal Dhokli is an all-time favourite dish made in Maharashtra and Gujarat, in which strips of wheat flour dough are cooked in a tongue-tickling dal.
While dhokli is made from whole wheat flour aka chapati atta. My mom makes little extra dhokli dough and from that extra dough she makes some masala paratha. These masala paratha taste best with pickle or chunda. Cooking Dal Dhokli/ Varan Chikhlya/ Varanatil Fal is a fun thing, furthermore it comes to be much more special worth if you cook it on your own. By using the complying with 18 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 10 actions. observe the following area for you to start cooking immediately.
Composition of Dal Dhokli/ Varan Chikhlya/ Varanatil Fal
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Give 1 tbsp – Jeera (cumin seeds).
- Need 1 tbsp red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp – turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tur dal.
- Need 1/2 tsp – Musturd seeds.
- You need pinch – asophotita.
- It’s 5-6 of curry leaves.
- It’s 4-5 of green chilli.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ginger garlic chopped.
- Require 1 – onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of brinjal cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 of tomato in pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp for red chilli powder.
- Require 1/2 tbsp turmeric.
- Require 1 of capsicum chopped.
- Require 1/4 cup chopped coriander.
- It’s 1-3 tbsp for oil.
Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati one dish meal. Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati one dish meal. It is made by boiling raw wheat flour roti pieces in mild sweet, tangy and spicy Other Dal recipes : Ambat Varan, Saada Varan, Dal Hari bhari, Dal Makhni, Dal Banjari, Masoor dal with vegetables. chapati. but this recipe of dal dhokli is unique as it is made with the combination of lentil and wheat to make it a complete meal. furthermore, some tips, suggestions, and variations to this authentic gujarati dal dhokli recipe. firstly, ensure to roll thin dhoklis as the thick one would require more time to cook. Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish.
Dal Dhokli/ Varan Chikhlya/ Varanatil Fal instructions
- Make a tight dough using whole wheat flour, 1/2 tbsp. Of cumin seeds, 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp of turmeric, salt, coriander, oil and water. Give it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- Cook both dal in cooker with 3 cup of water, 1/2 tbsp of turmeric..
- Now heat oil in kadhai and add musturd seeds in it. As soon as it starts poping add remaining jeera, curry leaves and Asafoetida And chopped ginger and garlic. Cook them for 1 min..
- Add onion and bringal and cook them until it starts getting little brown. Then add chopped tomato and peanuts. Cook them for a little time..
- Add all remaining spices in mixture and cook them very well for 4-5 min. Then add capsicum in it. Capsicum cooks really fast thats why we are adding it last..
- Add our cooked dal in it. Mix it well and add water to make it thinner. Add salt at this stage..
- Now make chapatis out of dough. Make sure it should not be thin, other wise it will get melt as soon as we put them into the dal..
- Make small sqaure pieces of chapatis with help of knife.and now add them in our boiling dal..
- Now let them cook on medium flame for another 5-10 min. Give it a frequent stir..
- Our hot and delicious Dal Dhokli is now ready to serve. Garnish it with some coriander leaves and ghee..
This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. Rajasthani Dal Dhokli or Whole Wheat Flour Dumplings Cooked in Lentils is one of the most famous rajasthani one pot dishes cooked and enjoyed in cold weather. Dal Dhokli is a spicy, satisfying, and sumptuous one pot meal made by boiling lightly spiced wheat flour dumplings in a lentil base. It is also called Varan Phal and Dal Dhokali. In this video, I am showing super easy way to prepare this dish in Instant pot.