Shepherd pie with winter veggies. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. There is something very wintry, very comforting about Shepherd's Pie. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based!
As for the variety of veggies suggested, that is going to change the flavor completely depending on what one chooses. I used fennel and parsnips and got. Try this Shepherds Pie with Veggies recipe, or contribute your own. Cooking Shepherd pie with winter veggies is an enjoyable point, furthermore it ends up being much more special worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the following 29 ingredients, you can start cooking 22 actions. observe the following area for you to start cooking promptly.
Composition of Shepherd pie with winter veggies
- Prepare 2 for big Potatoes.
- Require 2 tablespoon of soft unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon thick Yoghurt.
- Provide 2 tablespoon for Mozzarella cheese.
- Need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed Black peppers.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon – red Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon for Olive oil.
- Need to taste – Salt.
- It’s for For the filling.
- Give 1/2 cup for chopped green Beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup for chopped Carrots.
- Need 1/2 cup of chopped green Capsicum.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped red Tomatoes.
- Require 1/3 cup – sweet Corn kernals.
- Give 1 cup chopped Onions.
- Require 3 tablespoon Tomato paste.
- Provide 1/2 cup for mutton Keema.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Curry powder.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon for Garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- Need 1/2 teaspoon of Thyme.
- Provide 2 tablespoon – Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For the top crust.
- Require 2 tablespoon grated Cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon – Bread crumbs.
- Provide 1 teaspoon for Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 2-3 for strings of chopped Spring onion.
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie is a meatless take on a classic comfort dish. Swap the meat for mushrooms and quinoa & it all gets smothered in a rich gravy sauce. Everyone loves easy Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie, especially this one using veggie crumbles! I first attempted a shepherd's pie when I was young, in my late teens.
Shepherd pie with winter veggies process
- Chop all the vegetables and keep them ready along with sweet corn..
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and saute chopped onions for 2-3 minutes..
- Add in ginger-garlic paste and cook for few seconds more..
- Next add mutton keema and stir continuously to cook for 3-4 minutes..
- After sauteing the keema add in all the vegetables..
- Stir well to cook for a minute and then add all the spices like chilli powder, curry powder, garam masala powder, thyme and salt. Give it a good mix..
- Add in 3 tablespoons of tomato paste and stir well. Also add little water to incorporate everything well. The mixture shouldn't be dry in consistency..
- Cover and cook in medium low heat until vegetables and keema cooks completely..
- When everything cooks completely and the gravy becomes thick, remove from heat and keep aside..
- Now for the mash potato, boil 2 big potatoes in microwave for about 8 -9 minutes..
- Peel and smash them with a fork..
- Add in 2 tablespoons soft butter, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons thick youghrt, chilli flakes, crushed black pepper and salt. You can also use olive oil, if you want to reduce the amount of butter..
- Mix everything well to make a homogeneous soft mixture..
- Take a round or square shape baking dish of medium size..
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree C..
- Place the prepared filling to the bottom of the dish to make a thick layer..
- Next place the prepared mash potato over the filling..
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon breadcrumb, 2 tablespoons grated cheese, tomato ketchup and some spring onion..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling starts bubbling and top of the pie becomes light golden brown..
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then with a sharp knife slice into your desired size..
- Serve these delicious and flavourful shephard pie warm as breakfast, lunch or dinner..
I remember feeling a little nervous and overwhelmed at the making of it, but pleased with the results. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Using lentils in your Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie is entirely optional, but I find that it provides more bulk, texture, and protein. You'll want one cup of cooked I then topped our veggie pie the way we topped cottage pie in the past — with shredded cheddar.