Paruppu urundai gravy. In this video, i explain how to make paruppu urundai kozhambu in step by step. here, i am using toor and chana dal for this gravy which are much more. Paruppu urundai kuzhambu recipe with step by step pictures. Paruppu urundai can be steamed or I love Paruppu urundai kuzhambu very much, its a life saver for me when I made this after long.
Just a spicy tamarind gravy which is the base for this kuzhambu. Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is one of the most delicious gravy variety of South India. Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is actually a gravy made with dhal balls (lentil balls). Cooking Paruppu urundai gravy is a fun thing, moreover it becomes much more unique value if you cook it on your own. By using the complying with 27 active ingredients, you can start cooking 8 steps. observe the adhering to area for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients requirements for Paruppu urundai gravy
- Provide for To make dal balls.
- Give 1 cup of bengal gram.
- Require 1 inch for Ginger.
- Require 6-7 of garlic pods.
- Prepare 1 tsp jeera( cumin)seeds.
- It’s 2 – green chilli.
- Prepare 2 – dry red chilli.
- Require 1 for big onion cut.
- Need 2 tsp for coriander leaves cut.
- Provide for To make gravy.
- Provide 1 for big onion.
- Require 2 for medium sized tomato.
- You need 1 of Lemon sized tamarind soaked.
- Need 2 tbsp of gingely Oil.
- Give 1 string Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Jeera/ cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp fennel seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of black pepper whole.
- You need 4-5 of Fenugreek seeds.
- Give 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp for coriander powder.
- Require 1 tsp – kitchen king masala.
- Prepare of Coconut paste to grind.
- Prepare 1/2 cup – coconut.
- Require 1/2 tsp for fennel seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Require 3-4 of small onions.
Paruppu urundai kuzhambu is a very special and delicious kuzhambu variety. The tasty dal balls in a tangy gravy is a wonderful dish for a plain rice. I have already posted a paruppu urundai kulambu recipe. She had a lot of fans for that particular gravy.
Paruppu urundai gravy start cooking
- Grind the dal which was soaked for 4 hrs and keep aside.
- No grind jeera, garlic, ginger, green chilli and red chilli. Mix it with the dal..
- Roll the mixture into mini balls and place in a idly steam until cooked.
- In a pan add oil along with jeera, black pepper, Fenugreek seeds, 1tsp ginger-garlic paste. Now add onion and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 3 mins. Now add the soaked tamarind water. Along with this add all the powder and masala mentioned. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Now add the steamed balls into the gravy and cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Then add the coconut paste and cook until the raw smell goes away..
- Serve with few coriander leaves.
This gravy is a tamarind based one and uses toor dhal and goes very well with rice and dosas. Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu/Kulambu is a famous South Indian gravy. Though the preparation takes a bit longer than the usual daily eats, it is totally worth the effort. Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is a dhal dumpling in a tangy spicy gravy. It is a popular dish in South India which is served with white rice and papadams.