Potato masala with poori. Poori masala makes for a good breakfast or lunch or brunch. When I took the pics, I had also made aamras to go along with the pooris. The combo of aamras and any potato sabji with pooris is too good.
One of the most eaten Breakfast across India is Poori with potato curry. This poori masala can also be served with chapati, roti or any flatbread. For more side dishes for poori, you can check Potato sagu Chana masala Veg kurma. Cooking Potato masala with poori is an enjoyable thing, moreover it comes to be more special worth if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the following 27 components, you can begin cooking 13 actions. observe the following area for you to start cooking quickly.
Ingredients – Potato masala with poori
- It’s for For potato masala.
- Need 2 large boiled potatoes,cut into small pieces.
- Provide 1 medium size for onion,thinly sliced.
- Provide 2 tsp grated ginger.
- Provide 12-15 curry leaves.
- You need 2-3 – green chillies, splited.
- Prepare 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp for cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp for split Bengal gram/ chana dal.
- Need 1 tbsp – split black gram/ urad dal.
- It’s 1 pinch – asafoetida / hing.
- Require 1/2 tsp – turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp for gram flour/ besan.
- It’s 12-15 – cashew nuts,cut into halves.
- Provide 2 tbsp – freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp – oil.
- Need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Need 2 tsp or as per taste for salt.
- You need for For poori.
- Provide 1 cup – wheat flour.
- Need 1 cup – all-purpose flour.
- Need 1 tsp for melted clarified butter/ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp – rava / semolina.
- Provide 1 pinch of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp or as per taste salt.
- Require 1/2 cup or as required of water.
- Need 2 cups of oil,for deep fry.
Potatoes: Boil the potatoes until fork tender or until just done and not mushy. For more Potato recipes,you can check Poori masala Potato curry Potato kurma Aloo gobi masala. Poori masala recipe easy yet the perfect choice for poori, made for each other. With step by step pictures of preparation.
Potato masala with poori how to cook
- For potato masala;heat oil in a pan, reduce the flame,add mustard seeds,let them crackle;add cumin seeds, chana dal,urad dal,saute till the dal become golden..
- Add ginger, green chillies,curry leaves, cashew nuts and saute it for couple of minutes..
- Add sliced onions, asafoetida,saute it till the onions become translucent..
- Add gramflour,mix it well, cook it in low flame about 3-4 minutes..
- Now add chopped potatoes, turmeric powder,salt, saute it for couple of minutes..
- Add 3/4 cup of water, cover and cook until the potato masala have right consistency,not too thick not too thin..
- Add chopped coriander leaves, put out the flame, potato masala is ready..
- For poori; in a bowl put wheat flour, all-purpose flour,rava,ghee, salt,sugar,mix well to make a crumbly mixture..
- Add water little by little,make a dough,dough should be smooth and stiff..
- Grease with little oil,Cover and keep it for 10 minutes..
- Make small balls from the dough,roll it into poori, thickness should be medium, prepare all the poori in same process..
- Heat sufficient oil, fry it from both sides till it gets golden brown..
- Serve hot with potato masala, enjoy..
I never thought I should post this potato masala (poori kizhangu) for poori in my blog. But I realized people google specifically from my blog using my blog name. This potato masala is made with few ingredients and uses minimal spices. And if you ask me, that's what makes it so good! You can use it in so many ways! stuff it inside dosa, after all these are dosa aloo! serve with poori or paratha. stuff inside bread and make sandwich. i have posted several variations of potato curry recipe, but this recipe of poori masala is very unique and special. this recipe certainly can be used as a side dish to different indian flat breads, but an ideal pair for the deep fried indian flat bread pooris. these semi-liquid potato mashed curries are the.