Malabar Style Ney pathiri (fried masala rice Pooris).
Food preparation Malabar Style Ney pathiri (fried masala rice Pooris) is a fun point, in addition it comes to be more special worth if you prepare it on your own. By using the following 8 ingredients, you can begin cooking 6 steps. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Malabar Style Ney pathiri (fried masala rice Pooris)
- Require 1 1/2 cup of Rice flour.
- Provide to taste Salt.
- Provide as needed for Cooking oil, for frying the pathiris.
- Require – To Grind.
- Provide 2 for Onions chopped.
- Require 1 of spring curry leaves.
- Require 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Need 4 tablespoons – Fresh coconut.
Malabar Style Ney pathiri (fried masala rice Pooris) making process
- To begin making the Malabar Style Ney Pathiri we will first grind the chopped onions,curry leaves, cumin seeds and coconut to a coarse paste and set aside..
- Take a sauce pan, add rice flour, salt to taste, ground onion paste and add about 1/2 cup of water and mix well till there are no lumps..
- Keep the rice mixture on medium heat and keep stirring until the rice is cooked and it comes together. Once the dough has thickened to form a dough.Switch off the heat and take the dough out and spread it on a plate to cool down..
- Heat a kadai with oil to fry the puris. Take out a small ball of dough and roll it flat not too thin. Flatten it and roll it again to about 1 centimeter thickness. Fry the puri when the oil becomes hot..
- Keep flipping it over and fry it so that it evenly get browned on both the side. Take the puri out and strain it over a napkin. Do the rest for the remaining ingredients..
- Serve hot with coconut ? Chutney..