Perad Pies (Guava Cheese Pies).
Food preparation Perad Pies (Guava Cheese Pies) is an enjoyable point, in addition it comes to be extra special worth if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the complying with 13 ingredients, you can begin cooking 12 steps. observe the following section for you to begin cooking quickly.
Composition for Perad Pies (Guava Cheese Pies)
- Need for Guava Cheese / Goan Perad.
- Prepare 2 – Guavas large sized.
- It’s as needed of Water for boiling.
- Need 1 cup for Sugar.
- Need 1 tbsp Ghee or extra if prefered.
- Need – Pie dough.
- Give 50 gram for Fresh Green Peas.
- Provide 2 tbsp for Water or required for pureeing.
- You need 4 tablespoon – Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup for Wheat flour.
- Need 1/4 teaspoon for Salt.
- Require pinch Nutmeg Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Ghee.
Perad Pies (Guava Cheese Pies) step by step
- Slice 2 large guavas. Add water to immerse sliced guavas and boil until guavas turn soft and pale. Cool completely..
- Meanwhile, In a blender, take 50 grams fresh green peas. Add 4 tablespoon sugar. Blend all together into a smooth thick paste by adding little water..
- In a bowl, take 1 cup wheat flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, a big pinch nutmeg powder..
- Add the ground green peas paste and knead into a smooth dough. Add a teaspoon ghee and grease dough completely. Cover and rest the dough for 30minutes..
- Coming to our guavas, blend the boiled guava pieces along with little guava boiled liquid into a smooth paste. Filter and keep aside..
- Heat a wide pan in low heat. Add the guava paste and a cup of sugar. Keep stirring every 2 minutes until sugar melts completely. Do it in low heat..
- Add a tablespoon ghee. Add extra if prefered. Stir and cook until guava paste turns nonsticky. Transfer the guava mass into a ghee greased plate. Spread and level the surface as we do for mysore pak. Cool completely and cut into squares. Goan Perad is ready..
- Coming to our green pie dough, divide the final dough into 2 parts. Roll one part of the dough into a medium thickness large roti. Use a round cookie cutter to cut even circles..
- Make a slight incision at the centre of few circles. The ones with hole will be the pie top while the rest the bottom..
- Place a perad square, medium sized ones preferably on the bottom smooth circle. The circle with hole to be placed on top covering the filling. Seal the pie completely. Use a fork to create prints over the corners..
- Similarly make all the pies. Transfer the pies to a greased baking tray. Bake pies inside a preheated pot. Preheating time 10 minutes. Baking time 15 minutes medium to high. Cover the pot and bake. Bake until pie crusts turn golden..
- Perad pies / Guava cheese Pies are ready..