Cooking Idli Sambhar is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it comes to be a lot more special worth if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 11 components, you can start cooking 5 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients requirements Idli Sambhar
- You need 1 cup for regular rice + 1 cup parboiled rice.
- Provide 1/2 cup whole or split urad dal.
- You need 1/4 cup – thick poha.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon for fenugreek seeds.
- It’s 2 cups – water for soaking rice.
- You need 1 cup for water for soaking urad dal.
- Give 1/2 cup – water for grinding urad dal or add as required.
- Require 3/4-1 cup for water for grinding rice or add as required.
- It’s 1 teaspoon for rock salt.
- You need of Oil as required.
- Need 2.5 cups water for steaming idli.
Idli Sambhar instructions
- Pick and rinse both the regular rice and parboiled rice. rinse the poha and add to the rice. add water. mix well. cover and keep the rice + poha to soak for 4 to 5 hours. in a separate bowl, rinse the urad dal and methi seeds a couple of times. Soak the urad dal with methi seeds separately in water for 4 to 5 Hours..
- Drain the soaked urad dal. reserve the water. grind the urad dal, methi seed with ¼ cup of the reserved water for some seconds. then add remaining ¼ cup water. grind till you get a smooth and fluffy batter. remove the urad dal batter in a bowl and keep aside. grind the rice in batches to make a smooth batter..
- Mix both the batters together in a large bowl or pan. add salt and mix well. cover and let the batter ferment for 8 to 9 hours or more if required. after the fermentation process is over, the idli batter will become double in size and rise..
- Grease the idli moulds. pour the batter in the moulds and steam the idli in a pressure cooker or steamer. if using pressure cooker remove the vent weight (whistle). steam for 12 to 15 mins or until the idli is done..
- Serve the steaming hot idli with coconut chutney and sambar. remaining batter can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days..