Chicken and sausage gumbo. A classic roux is the thickening agent for this traditional Cajun-style gumbo made rich and hearty with chicken, sausage, onions, bell peppers, celery "This is a Cajun-style gumbo made with a seasoned roux, a classic from the bayous of south Louisiana. Cut the chicken into cubes or shred it and add it back to the pot. Serve with white rice or potato salad (or both) spooned into the gumbo.
Smoky sausage, okra, and aromatic vegetables make this an authentic recipe perfect for sharing. Chef Isaac Toups, of Toups Meatery, teaches us how to make a New Orleans style chicken and sausage gumbo. Isaac lets us in on the importance of taking it. Cooking Chicken and sausage gumbo is a fun thing, moreover it ends up being more special worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the complying with 19 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 6 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients – Chicken and sausage gumbo
- Provide 3 sausages, cut.
- You need 2 – chicken breasts, cut.
- You need 1 can of of whole tomatoes (cut in quarters).
- Require 1/2 – onion, chopped.
- Require 2 of celery stalks chopped.
- Need 1/2 bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 3/4 for all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 for vegetable oil.
- Need 4 – garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 can of of corn.
- It’s 1 cup for whole okra, cut in halves.
- Require 1 of Creole seasoning, to taste.
- It’s 1 of salt/pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 for cayenne pepper, lightly to taste.
- Need 1 for crushed red pepper, lightly to taste.
- Provide 4 cup for chicken broth.
- Require 1 – rice.
- It’s 1 of hot sauce, squirt.
- You need 1 worcestershire sauce, squirt.
This classic chicken and sausage gumbo recipe represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. This Easy Chicken Gumbo recipe is like a party for your mouth! Vibrant, spicy flavor simmered to perfection, this combination of chicken, sausage, okra, and veggies is cooked in a creamy creole spiced broth that is just pure comfort.
Chicken and sausage gumbo how to cook
- Add flour and oil, whisk and stir constantly until it turns color of chocolate (20-25 minutes).
- Mixed in diced vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, sausage, garlic and seasonings.
- Add chicken broth, corn, okra, and tomatoes.
- Bring to boil and let simmer on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
We are now in the thick of winter with long, dreary days and cold. Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and the. A symbol of Creole cooking, gumbo is ubiquitous in homes and restaurants across Louisiana. Andouille sausage and file powder make this chicken-and-sausage gumbo a classic and, as in any good gumbo, a deep, rich roux. Chicken Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo — a rich, flavorful gumbo with authentic flavors; loaded with chicken, sausage, shrimp and crab legs.