Cooking Golden Rasmalai is an enjoyable thing, moreover it becomes much more unique value if you prepare it on your own. By using the complying with 9 components, you can begin cooking 8 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking right away.
Ingredients for Golden Rasmalai
- Prepare 1 litre – milk.
- Give 2 tsp of vinegar or lemon juice.
- You need 1 pinch for saffron strands.
- It’s 1 cup – sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp for corn flour.
- Require 4 cup water.
- Provide 3 – green cardamom pods.
- It’s 2 tsp – small chopped almonds.
- Give 2 tsp small chopped cashews nuts.
Golden Rasmalai step by step
- For rasmalai balls – Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan.Once it comes to a boil, switch off the flame and add 1/2 cup of water to bring the temperature of the milk down a bit.Wait for 5-10 minutes and then start adding lemon juice till milk curdles..
- Add lemon juice till the milk curdles completely.Using a strainer drain the water and collect the chena.Rinse it under tap water so that there's no trace of lemon juice in it..
- Leave it in the strainer for 10-15 minutes and then take the chena in your hand and squeeze out remaining water slowly.Add cornflour and start mashing the chena till it’s smooth..
- Set the clock to 10 minutes and mash constantly for 10 minutes using your palm. Once it’s smooth, make small balls out of it.Heat 1 cup sugar and 4 cups water in a wide pan and wait till it comes to a full boil..
- Drop the balls in boiling sugar syrup and cook for 15-17 minutes. The balls will double in size by then.Take out the balls from the syrup and drop them in fresh water. If they sink to the bottom, the balls are done..
- For rasmalai syrup – In a heavy bottom pan, boil 500 ml of milk.Soak few strands of saffron in a tablespoon of warm milk and set aside.Once the milk comes to a boil, lower the flame and continue to stir the milk at regular intervals. After 10 minutes add sugar and mix..
- After 20-25 minutes the milk will thicken to desired consistency, add soaked saffron and crushed cardamom.Also add finely chopped almonds, cashews nuts [if using]. Mix and switch off the flame.Take out the cooled rasmalai balls from the sugar syrup, squeeze and flatten with your hands..
- Transfer the balls to thickened milk [milk should be warm].Chill in the refrigerator overnight or for 5-6 hours. Garnish with chopped almonds and few saffron strands before serving..