Ilish Macher Tomato Shorshe Jhaal (Fish in Tomato Mustard Gravy – Bengali Style). Sorse Ilish is a classic Bengali fish curry, made of Hilsa fish cooked in delectable mustard sauce. Enjoy the fish by making this. Learn how to make super easy Rui fish cooked in Mustard seeds gravy This is an Indian fish recipe and it is prepared in typical Bengali method.
Summary : Fish curry in bengali mustard sauce and spiced with green chillies. […] Shorshe diye macher jhaal / Fish in mustard sauce […] Boal Macher Jhaal is a Spicy Bengali Fish Curry cooked with Wallago Attu from catfish family. It's an open secret that fish is the soul food for most of In this Spicy Boal Macher Jhol boal fish is fried and cooked in thick onion-tomato based gravy. It's hot and spicy with mild touch of tanginess from fresh. Cooking Ilish Macher Tomato Shorshe Jhaal (Fish in Tomato Mustard Gravy – Bengali Style) is a fun point, in addition it comes to be a lot more special value if you prepare it yourself. By using the following 10 ingredients, you can begin cooking 4 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking quickly.
Ingredients – Ilish Macher Tomato Shorshe Jhaal (Fish in Tomato Mustard Gravy – Bengali Style)
- Give 2-3 pieces for Hilsa fish (fresh river water fish).
- Require 1 for tomato, blended into a puree.
- Require 2-3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Require 1/2 tsp. nigella seeds.
- Prepare 1-2 – green chilies, slit.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Need 1/2 tsp. for turmeric powder.
- Give 1 tbsp. of kasundi / mustard paste.
- It’s 1 tsp. raw mustard oil.
- Give 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Learn how to make super easy Rui fish cooked in Mustard seeds gravy This is an Indian fish recipe and it is prepared in typical Bengali method. In the eastern region of India, generally people used to fry the fish slightly and then it is cooked with spices and other ingredients. Macher Jhal is a very popular and authentic fish recipe of Bengal. This Southern tomato gravy is an old-fashioned tomato sauce, and it is delicious on biscuits.
Ilish Macher Tomato Shorshe Jhaal (Fish in Tomato Mustard Gravy – Bengali Style) step by step
- Marinate the fish pieces with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 5-10 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish till light golden in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with nigella seeds and green chilies. Add the tomato puree, kasundi and turmeric powder. Saute till the oil separates..
- Now add 1 & 1/2 cup water and salt. Bring it to boil. Then gently drop in the fried fish and simmer, covered for 2-3 minutes on a low flame..
- Switch off the flame and add the mustard oil. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with plain steamed rice..
The easy roux is made with bacon drippings or butter. Bacon drippings or butter and flour make the roux for this simple tomato gravy. Serve the gravy over freshly baked biscuits, mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta. Bengalis' are fond of fishes and specially Rohu(Rui mach) fish. This is the traditional bengali dish inherited from my great grand parents.