Cooking Sambhar Sadam is an enjoyable thing, additionally it becomes more special worth if you cook it on your own. By using the complying with 16 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 7 steps. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking promptly.
Ingredients – Sambhar Sadam
- Need 1 cup of basmati rice soak for 20 minutes.
- Provide 1/2 cup – toor dal.
- Need 1/4 tsp – fenugreek seeds.
- Give 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 sprig for curry leaves.
- Require 1/4 tsp of hing.
- It’s 2 of dry red chilli.
- It’s 2 of slit green chillies.
- Provide 1 inch of piece of ginger grated.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup chopped veggies -carrots, green beans, sambhar onions and tomatoes.
- Require 2 tbs of sambar powder.
- Need 1/2 tsp – turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp – red chilli powder.
- Require 4 cups water.
- Give to taste for salt.
Sambhar Sadam instructions
- Soak rice and dal together in a bowl.
- Heat one tbsp ghee in a cooker and when they start to sputter add 1 sprig of curry leaves 1/4 tsp hing 2 dry red chilli 2 slit green chillies 1 inch piece of ginger grated saute for 5 seconds and add 1 1/2 cup chopped veggies – carrots, green beans, sambhar onions and tomatoes 2 tbs sambar powder 1/2 tsp turmeric 1/2 tsp red chilli powder 4 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Drain the soaked rice & dal and add to pressure cooker. Add all the vegetables and put the lid on the pressure cooker..
- Cook for 3 whistles and after that 5 mins on very low flame or just for the same time it would take to cook rice in you cooker..
- Take out the khichadi in the pot or bowl you want to serve in.
- Now again take 2 tbspn ghee in a pan Add mustard seeds & when they crackle add 2 whole red chilies add little more sambhar masala powder and pour this garam garam tadka over the Khichdi.
- Serve it hot with plain yogurt or raita and papad.