Chicken and Waffles on a Stick. Enjoy this delicious recipe that incorporates the premium taste of Johnsonville. Waffle pops stuffed with chicken tenders are too cute to pass up. Before serving, drizzle them with melted butter and warm maple syrup.
Make the Chicken 'N Waffles on a Stick: Spray the machine with cooking spray and pre-heat. You can also brush the machine with oil to prevent sticking. Use a silicone brush if you choose this method. Cooking Chicken and Waffles on a Stick is an enjoyable point, furthermore it becomes extra special worth if you cook it yourself. By using the following 25 ingredients, you can start cooking 11 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to begin cooking instantly.
Ingredients of Chicken and Waffles on a Stick
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 -1.5inch thick strips.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk, divided.
- It’s 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- It’s 3 tsp of garlic powder, divided.
- It’s 2 tsp of cayenne powder, divided.
- You need 3 cups of buttermilk, divided.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour (Bread or AP).
- It’s 3/4 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dried mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of dried ginger.
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 5 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 4 of large egg whites, beaten.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of maple syrup extract.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable oil for frying (I used peanut oil).
- Prepare of Bamboo skewers.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
You may have to trim some of the edges off the chicken, so that they fit into the the corn dog maker. Great recipe for Chicken and Waffles on a Stick. I heard this idea on the podcast The Sporkful and thought it would be fun to try. Chicken and waffles is classic comfort food and with this recipe you can have it on the go.
Chicken and Waffles on a Stick how to cook
- Combine 1 cup buttermilk (reserve 3 tbsp) with paprika, black pepper, and 1/2 the garlic powder and cayenne in a Ziploc bag. Add 1/2 tsp kosher salt as well. Mix well then add chicken. Marinate for 2-12 hours in the refrigerator..
- Whisk flour, corn starch, a pinch of kosher salt, baking powder and dried ginger and mustard together in a large, shallow bowl. Sprinkle about 4 tbsp of your marinade into the flour mix..
- Using your fingers work the marinade around in the flour until you get some dry chunks in there. These chunks will lend to the crispiness of your fried chicken.
- Setup your breading station. In addition to your craggy flour mix you'll combine your eggs and the remaining buttermilk in another bowl. Also have a third empty plate to place your breaded chicken fingers..
- Place each piece of chicken in the flour first, then the egg wash, then the flour again. Make sure to get those crags stuck to your chicken fingers. To prevent all the clumps to sticking to your actual fingers use one hand for dry ingredients and another for the wet ingredients. For a good explanation on this method check out http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/02/the-food-lab-all-american-eggplant-parmesan.html.
- Pile your chicken on the plate. I didn't separate my chicken fingers and it led to a lot of stickage as the breading got moist. So I recommend separating the chicken fingers and stacking with sheets of parchment paper. Go ahead an add your oil to a large cast iron dutch oven or skillet at this point and heat to about 340F..
- Whisk together 2 cups of AP flour, baking soda, baking powder and powdered sugar. Then add the wet ingredients: melted butter, 2 cups buttermilk, egg whites, and maple and vanilla extracts. Whisk until smooth..
- Fry up your chicken fingers in the preheated oil. You're looking for a golden brown fried-chickeny looking color about 4 minutes on one side. Using tongs, carefully agitate the chicken so you don't get any hotspots sticking to the pan. At 4 minutes flip you're chicken fingers and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Repeat for all the chicken..
- Stick the bamboo skewers into each individual chicken finger. You've not got chicken on a stick..
- Pre-heat a waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. Pour a little waffle mix in the bottom of the iron, about halfway to what you would use to make a regular waffles. Put two chicken skewers down on the iron (one on each half. Pour about half the amount of the original pour over the chicken..
- Close waffle iron and cook according to your waffle-ironing instructions. Try not to pour too much as you will have waffle mix all over your counter (I know this from experience). These waffles will puff up about twice the size of the batter when cooked. Split the waffles, sprinkle with maple syrup or dip in ketchup. It's chicken and a waffle, you can do that. Enjoy!.
The maple extract in the waffle mix adds a really nice hint of that sweet. RICHMOND, VA – Richmond recipe developer, Keyshia Moore joins us to share her recipe for "Chicken N Waffles on a stick," her version of a classic combination. This mini chicken and waffles recipe is a fun twist on a classic dish. Mini waffles and chicken on a stick make a tasty appetizer! I love this creative Chicken and Waffles Recipe.