Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar.
Food preparation Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar is a fun point, in addition it becomes more unique worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 9 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 11 actions. observe the following area for you to start cooking right away.
Ingredients – Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar
- Give 2 1/2 Cups – Flour.
- Require 1 Teaspoon for Sugar.
- Give 1 Cup of butter Very cold , cubed.
- Give 7 Tablespoons – butter Ice cold.
- Give 3 Cups Blueberries.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon for Thyme Fresh.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Corn starch.
- Provide 1/2 – Lemon , juiced.
Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar how to cook
- In a food processor, add the flour, salt and sugar. Pulse once to mix through. Add the pieces of butter to the flour and pulse in the food processor a few time until the mixture looks like little "peas"..
- Add ice cold water to the flour mixture, a few tablespoons at a time until the dough gets wet and its able to "stick" together. I added about 7-8 tablespoons of cold water. It can also look like wet send when you squeeze it together with your hands..
- Place dough on a clean surface and form into a large ball. Cut ball in half and form into round disks. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and chill in fridge or at least an hour..
- To make the pie mixture, in a large bowl, add the blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and juice, thyme and corn starch. Toss together with a spoon so everything is coated evenly..
- Take one of the dough discs and roll it out on a floured surface until it is about 1/8 thick. Then use an 8in round cutter (or a bowl, like I did) and cut out 8 inch circles..
- Place one of the circles into the jar, pressing the bottom down and the sides up and over the edge. Just make sure to not pull the dough, just press it in..
- Then fill the jar generously with the blueberry mixture..
- Use the other dough circle for the top of the pie. You can either cut it into strips and create a lattice look or place the whole thing on top, crimp the edges and cut small slits on the top..
- Brush the tops with egg wash using a pastry brush and sprinkle with sugar..
- Place all jars on a cookie sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and then cover with tin foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the fruit is bubbly..
- When done, be very careful because the glass jars are very hot! Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes..