Peri Peri Chicken. This peri peri chicken recipe smothers chicken in a homemade peri peri sauce then bakes or grills them and serves them with extra sauce. It's a quick and easy weeknight meal. This Peri Peri Chicken is juicy, spicy and and loaded with flavour!
This can be made both in the oven and on the grill, and has beautiful notes of lemon. Remove the chicken's backbone by using a pair of kitchen scissors. Turn it over and flatten it down to spread the chicken out as much as possible. Cooking Peri Peri Chicken is a fun point, additionally it ends up being much more special value if you cook it on your own. By using the following 9 active ingredients, you can start cooking 4 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to begin cooking instantly.
Ingredients of Peri Peri Chicken
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 6 small of red birsdeye chillies, seeded & finely chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sweet paprika.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of Fresh chopped rosemary.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sea salt flakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 kg of Chicken pieces.
Peri Peri African Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. African Peri-Peri sauce made with bird's eye chillies, garlic, vinegar and herbs is an intensely flavorful sauce. Our signature dish, Nando's PERi-PERi world-famous, all-natural PERi-PERi chicken. Peri Peri chicken was originally famous only in Spain and Portugal.
Peri Peri Chicken how to cook
- Combine juice, oil, chilli, sugar, paprika, garlic, rosemary and salt in large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, coat in marinade. Cover, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight..
- Drain chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Make deep diagonal cuts in chicken pieces if using Maryland or stab a few slits if using drumsticks..
- Now you can either bake at 180*C for around 30 minutes- basting occasionally. Or pan-fry on med/low heat with a lid on, basting with reserved marinate. Or BBQ on indirect heat. Whichever way you do it, you want it cooked through nice and tender- with a little caramelisation on the outside..
- Serve with jacket spuds & corn, or a nice fresh salad- whatever you like really. This is some tasty chicken!.
But thanks to the international restaurant chain Nando, this amazing dish is now popular across the globe. And of course this Peri Peri Chicken comes in way cheaper than eating out in a restaurant and I promise you, your tastebuds will not be disappointed!! Peri-Peri Chicken, the spicy Portuguese chicken. This spicy Portuguese Chicken is quite addictive. I first had the Peri-Peri Chicken at the South African franchise restaurant called "Nandos" and loved it.